How to apply for Nomination
World Agility Forum
World Agility Forum Call for Nominations
The World Agility Forum is a global event that brings together top companies, their leaders, and leading Agilists to explore the challenges and celebrate the application of Agility.
From saving millions in project budgets, reducing production costs, or applying processes to bring more value to your customers, we applaud you for being a game changer in the global industry.
The highlight of the day is the gala dinner that celebrates those people and organizations that have benefited from applying the Agile mindset to their business and culture.
In 2019, the World Agility Forum will recognize the accomplishments of companies and individuals in 8 categories:
- Team Agility – to an organization that has embraced small, self-organized teams to realize customer value;
- Customer Service Leader – to an organization that has embraced customer-centricity to realize new opportunities;
- Enabling Organisation – to an organization that has accelerated the flow of information throughout the organization to better recognize and react to changing markets;
- Overall Transformational Initiative – to an organization that has visibly transformed itself at all levels through the application of the Agile mindset;
- Community Organisation – to an organization that is making a difference beyond its own borders, in its community, its country or the world;
- Visual Design and Creativity Agility – to an organization that has embraced agility in the creation of visual other creative products, e.g. fashion, music, entertainment;
- Leadership Agility – to an individual in a senior leadership role who has embraced the Agile mindset and lead by example in his or her organization;
- Lifetime Agility – to an individual whose life’s work has contributed to the development of Agility within or beyond its roots in the software development community.
- Jun-18 – Call for Nominations
- Jun-18 – Call for Jury
- Jul-15 – Announcement of Jury
- Jul-31 – Submission Deadline for Award Nominations
- Aug-31 – Confirmation of Winners
- Sep-29 – Event and Festivities
- Sep-29 – Publication of Winners
A nomination can only be considered valid when the following criteria are met:
- The nominee must be an organization or individual as appropriate for the category.
- People and organizations can nominate themselves or be nominated by a third party.
- The WAF Council may invite people or organizations to nominate themselves, without guarantee or prejudice.
- Nominations must include all relevant information for validation and confirmation.
- The nominee’s product owner or equivalent representative acknowledges and agrees to participate in the recognition event.
- The basis for the nomination must have started between January 2017 and December 2018.
- The nominee’s validation for their claim to agility can be through the Agile Manifesto, the Three Laws of Agile, the Heart of Agile, the Scrum values and principles or other widely accepted definition of Agility.
- The nominee must send a 2-3 min video that includes:
- testimonials to and explanation of their path to agility,
- the value and benefits obtained by becoming more Agile
In the case of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results, and all other matters relating to the World Agility Forum recognitions, the decisions shall be final – there shall not be any further correspondence or discussion.
Validation and Confirmation
The nominees recognized at the event will be selected by the World Agility Forum (WAF) Jury, for each category. The Jury may recognize more than nomination or may choose not to recognize any nomination.
The WAF Jury will validate the information in the nominee form and consolidate it with other complementary documentation. The nominee (or point of contact) will be contacted within the following 30 days to ensure completeness of information before proceeding to the next steps. Nominations that do not qualify will be notified.
The process and criteria used to validate all nominations will be consistent across all participating organisations and individuals. Selection will be based on:
- The information provided with the nomination (including any answers to additional clarifications requested)
- The video explaining their motivation and story. The video must include testimonials and and explanation of their path to agility, including the value and benefits that the organization or individual obtained by becoming more Agile.
What do you get by participating? What you get if you win? In both cases, credibility for your organization, recognition from your peers, and visibility on a world stage.
Having your nomination accepted or receiving an award is first and foremost a recognition of the great work you have been doing. You will be invited to participate in the Gala celebration dinner to participate in the awards ceremony, networking events and photo opportunities. You get to call yourself “World Agility Forum Nominee(tm)” in your category and year if your nomination is accepted, and “World Agility Forum Winner(tm)” in your category and year if you win.
As an award winner, you will be invited to speak at the following year’s Experience Agile event.
Last by not least, award winners and nominees receive an attractive, commemorative plaque that recognizes their achievement.
Terms and conditions
The World Agility Forum (“WAF”) Council is the final arbitrator of the rules. Regarding recognition awards, the decisions of the WAF Jury are final – there shall not be any further correspondence or discussion.
Any sale or transfer of a WAF award, e.g. the plaques, is subject to a right of first refusal. Upon receiving notification of an intended sale or other transfer, the WAF may within 60 days exercise its right to purchase the plaque or other physical prize for €10 (Ten Euros).Apply for Nomination
The WAF Jury is selected by World Agility Forum (WAF) Council. The Council will issue a call for participation and may also invite specific individuals.
The WAF Jury members are selected to ensure the stature, authenticity and global perspective of the World Agility Forum. Jury members are leaders in the community, with undisputed credibility.
Prospective WAF Jury members must apply online. The experience stated in the application will be validated against third party information.
Jury members are subject to a code of ethics, must immediately declare any conflict of interest with any nomination, and must recuse themselves in the event of such a conflict.
Founder | Advisor
Scrum Trainer / Personal Agility
What is required from a nominee for this event?
- Submit the candidate nominee form providing some organizational, initiative, contact information.
- Prepare a 2 min. video explaining the motivation for this recognition and your path/journey towards Agility.
- Be prepared for the recognition acceptance at the World Agility Forum:
- If attending the event – prepare a speech of 5 min. maximum,
- If not attending the event – prepare a 3 min. video that we can share with the audience.
What is the recognition about?
The World Agility Forum aims to recognize organizations and individuals for their effort, commitment and dedication through the path of achieving agility or perhaps something even better. It aims to recognize the best European, American, Asian, African and Creative organizations as well as individuals that have Personally driven or dedicated their Lifetime to the path of achieving agility.
What is expected out of the video requested?
The idea is to provide a brief introduction or explanation on your motivation in reaching agility and sharing some details or parts of your story on your path/journey (e.g., challenges, and successes, outcome, part of the organization/number of people involved, etc.) The video should be no longer than 2 min. and in english (at least subtitles).
Why are we invited to apply for this recognition?
The path/journey towards agility has been (and still is) a big challenge for most organizations, and very few have been able to persist, benefit and be successful. Someone believes your organizations has been a reference for the effort and commitment on achieving something better through agility, therefore we understand these examples deserve to be internationally recognized within the presence of other great organizations with similar paths and knowledgeable, experienced professionals in the area.
What other organizations are also invited?
There are organizations as candidate nominees from all of the world (Europe, America, Asia, Africa). We cannot disclose who they are at the moment.
Can you provide more details for this event?
The event will be held at the Electricity Museum in Lisbon. It is expected to start at 3pm and end by 9pm. In addition, to being gala dinner in which the recognitions will be presented, surrounded by many well known thought-leaders in the industry, we expect have some entertainment throughout the evening. Please bear in mind the dress code – cocktail dress for the ladies, suit with tie/bowtie for gentleman.
I have supporting documents for my nomination, how do I send those across?
You can send it via email with the subject <WAF | organization name | initiative name> to firstname.lastname@example.org.