World Agility Forum
World Agility Forum is a global program where recognitions are presented to those organizations and individuals across the World, who have displayed excellence in their initiatives towards Agility.
Any end-user organization or individual can nominate their initiative, or be nominated by a 3rd party entity (e.g. government bodies, associations, etc.) to obtain a recognition on one of the categories listed below. A nomination will only be considered valid when the following criteria are met:
- The nominee must be a organization (company) or individual
- nominations made by 3rd parties must also include all the relevant information of the nominee for validation and confirmation.
- in case of an organization, it should have a physical office presence in a country within the category (for local/continental categories).
- The nominee’s product owner (or equivalent/corresponding representative) acknowledges and agrees to participate in the recognition event.
- The initiative part of the nomination should have been initiated between January 2015 and June 2018.
- The nominee must send a 2/3 min video with testimonies and explanation of the path to agility, including the value and benefits that the organization or individual obtained by becoming more Agile.
- Leader in Design and Creativity Agility – Excellence in design (fashion, art, architecture) to meet customer and community needs
- Customer Service Leader – product and or service how to put the customer at the heart of the organization
- Best Team Agility – Team accomplishment or initiative
- Best Community Organisation – The organisation, meetup, or informal community who best demonstrates service to the wider business agility community.
- Best Enabling Organisation – Consultancies and coaching companies who are helping others on their path to business agility
- Best Transformational Initiative – Organisation transformation, citizen service, mission change
- Leadership Agility – Any individual that has demonstrated great leadership character towards
- Lifetime Agility – An award to recognise lifetime leaders in the community
Validation and Confirmation
The nominees recognized at the event will be selected by the World Agility Forum (WAF) Council, invited speakers, and a panel of independent individuals seen in the industry as thought-leaders.
The WAF Council will validate the information in the nominee form and consolidate it with any other complimentary documentation/files. The nominee (or point of contact) will be contacted within the next thirty days to ensure completeness of information before proceeding to the next steps. Nominations that do not qualify will be rejected without further notice.
The process and criteria used to validate all nominations will be consistent across all participating. A two-phased approach will be used in the validation process.
- The information provided via the nominee form (complimentary information via email)
- The video explaining the motivation the story (provided via email)
In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results, and all other matters relating to the World Agility Forum recognitions, the decisions shall be final – there shall not be any further correspondence or discussion.
Management Consultant | Researcher
Founder | Advisor
Continuous Delivery Coach | Author
What is required from a nominee for this event?
- Submit the candidate nominee form providing some organizational, initiative, contact information.
- Prepare a 2 min. video explaining the motivation for this recognition and your path/journey towards Agility.
- Be prepared for the recognition acceptance at the World Agility Forum:
- If attending the event – prepare a speech of 5 min. maximum,
- If not attending the event – prepare a 3 min. video that we can share with the audience.
What is the recognition about?
The World Agility Forum aims to recognize organizations and individuals for their effort, commitment and dedication through the path of achieving agility or perhaps something even better. It aims to recognize the best European, American, Asian, African and Creative organizations as well as individuals that have Personally driven or dedicated their Lifetime to the path of achieving agility.
What is expected out of the video requested?
The idea is to provide a brief introduction or explanation on your motivation in reaching agility and sharing some details or parts of your story on your path/journey (e.g., challenges, and successes, outcome, part of the organization/number of people involved, etc.) The video should be no longer than 2 min. and in english (at least subtitles).
Why are we invited to apply for this recognition?
The path/journey towards agility has been (and still is) a big challenge for most organizations, and very few have been able to persist, benefit and be successful. Someone believes your organizations has been a reference for the effort and commitment on achieving something better through agility, therefore we understand these examples deserve to be internationally recognized within the presence of other great organizations with similar paths and knowledgeable, experienced professionals in the area.
What other organizations are also invited?
There are organizations as candidate nominees from all of the world (Europe, America, Asia, Africa). We cannot disclose who they are at the moment.
Can you provide more details for this event?
The event will be held at the Palacio Da Rocha Do Conde D’Óbidos in Lisbon. It is expected to start at 19:00 and end by 22:30. In addition to being gala dinner in which the recognitions will be presented, surrounded by many well known thought-leaders in the industry, we expect have some entertainment throughout the evening. Please bear in mind the dress code – cocktail dress for the ladies, suit with tie/bowtie for gentleman.
I have supporting documents for my nomination, how do I send those across?
You can send it via email with the subject <WAF | organization name | initiative name> to firstname.lastname@example.org.